Fibroid also referred to as uterine fibroid which is a non-cancerous tumor that forms from a smooth muscle layer and other connective tissue of the uterus. These may appear during the child bearing years. Generally, the condition does not cause any problems and seldom need any medical attention. However, you can try out some home remedies for fibroid instead.
Fibromyoma or leiomyoma or myoma which are other common names for fibroid aren’t big problems. These are not associated with uterine cancer and almost do not lead to any form of cancer. According to a survey about 3 out of four women can have uterine fibroid in their lifetime.
Causes for Uterine Fibroid:
These fibroid usually develop from muscular tissue of the uterus. The single cell repeatedly reproduces to create a firm and rubbery mass which is quite distinct from the other nearby tissue. The doctors do not know the exact cause of fibroid but according to researchers there are various factors that can lead to the condition and some of them are listed below:
- Genetic alteration which can responsible for such uterine fibroid
- Hormones such as estrogen and progesterone can be another factor for the condition
- Other chemicals that helps the body to maintain tissues for e.g. Insulin-like growth that can affect the fibroid growth
Symptoms for Uterine Fibroid:
The size of these fibroid can range from seedlings that cannot be detected by the naked eyes to some bulky mass that can be distorted and in some cases enlarge the uterus. Such enlarge fibroid can reach the rib cages. Signs and symptoms associated with uterine fibroid that are seen in most women are listed below:
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- The menstrual periods can last for several days or more of menstrual bleeding
- Pain can be felt in the pelvic region or commonly referred to as the pelvic pressure.
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty in emptying the bladder
- Backache or leg pains
In rare cases, the fibroid can lead to acute problems that can outgrow with its blood supply. The fibroid can die off when deprived from the nutrients. The resulting byproducts form the degenerating fibroid easily seeps into the surrounding tissue which may result in pain and fever.
Severe symptoms and signs of fibroid
- If the pelvic pain does not go away easily
- Painful and overly heavy periods
- Spotting or bleeding in between the periods
- Pain with intercourse
- Difficulty in emptying the bladder and bowels
When you experience these severe symptoms seek medical aid as soon as possible.
For milder cases you can take up some home remedies which can speed up the healing process and lessen the pain as well.
How To Shrink Fibroids Fast Naturally
- The best and the foremost thing you can do is, adjust your eating habits. Food rich in fibers such as grains, legumes, vegetables and fruits. This will help to normalize the estrogen level in the digestive system.
- To lower the estrogen levels among the plant derived food are the soybeans. They contain genistein and daidzein which are plant estrogen. They attached to cells where the estrogen usually fills up. Thus preventing the estrogen of the body to reach the cells. You can also opt for soy milk, tofu and tempeh.
- Fish are very effective to fight fibroid. The oil found in fishes such as tuna, salmon, mackerel have some anti-inflammatory properties that can relive you from fibroid symptoms.
- Herbal tea which is simmered for about 20 minutes are perfect to treat fibroid. Drinking this tea three times a day can give you some very good results.
- Castor oil too works well in the treatment of uterine fibroid and to lessen the symptoms. All you need to do is apply some warm oil on the affected area externally. This will reduce the pain and you may feel the affect instantly.
- Controlling the estrogen levels is the best way to treat the condition. The liver plays a vital role in the production of estrogen. Hence it is important to maintain a good liver health. For this you can have an herb called the milk thistle that is known to improve the liver health. The herb act as a mild laxative that removes the excessive estrogen via the faces.
- Sitz baths can also help you relax the body and reduce the problems associated with fibroid. All you got to do here is sit in the hot water baths for three minutes which should be followed by 30 seconds of sitting in a cold bath. This will improve the blood circulation around the pelvic region and make you feel better.
Preventive measures and tips for fibroid:
- Although to prevent fibroid may not be possible but you can take up some measures to provide comfort and ease the pain.
- Women having fibroid can undergo moderate and regular exercises. This is beneficial because it can limit the estrogen levels and shrink the uterine fibroid to a great deal. In addition to this it will help to maintain a healthy weight as well.
- Alcohol and caffeine are processed by the liver and to a great extent regulate the level of estrogen in the body. Therefore do not stress the liver with this kind of beverages which can make your condition worse.
- Avoid stuffs such as strong perfumes, conventional dairy and milk products, aspartame, sugar and trans-fat.
- Heat therapy is also found to be effective in most women suffering from fibroid. You can also opt for abdominal massage that can ease the pain and other discomfort related to fibroid.
- Keep your body well hydrated by drinking 8-10 glasses of water in a day.
Try any of the above home remedies for fibroid and see the positive effect instantly. However, if the symptoms do not lessen then consult your gynecologist immediately.