How to Get Rid of Hives At Home
Hive allergy can be treated by trying out some home remedy hives allergy. The best thing about it is that you can try much stuff at home which is cost-effective and easy to prepare.
HIVES known as URTICARIA in medical term is a skin infection. It causes skin rash which becomes red and itchy. This then may further trigger a reaction, to be more specific an allergic reaction that releases histamine. Histamine is some organic compound that deals with the local immune system. It is responsible for making the capillaries to leak a fluid substance which causes a skin rash.
The fluid gets accumulated on a certain region of the skin which ultimately leads to a skin rash and causes wheals. You may find the skin rash to swell up. It may be big or small and often itch. Hives can persist from few days to as many as few years when chronic.
Hives symptoms always keep a check if you’re prone to hives by keeping an account of the following symptoms.
- An appearance of welts over several areas of the body.
- In most cases they swell, flare and itch. Sometime they disappear in few days and again appear in a different area.
- A red skin which resemble to a mosquito bite.
- The size of the infection may also vary.
- A term called angiodema which is more to do with the swelling of the lips, tongue and lips.
- There may be breathing problem along with swallowing difficulty. The home remedy for hives allergy can help you to a great extend to overcome these symptoms.
The most common causes of hives are:
- Food like nuts, tomatoes, berries, soy, chocolate and shellfish that are often responsible for hives allergy.
- Insect bites like that of a bee.
- Cat dander
- Strong medication such as antibiotics, penicillin, sulfa, codeine, anticonvulsant drugs, phenobarbital, and aspirin
- Exposed to extreme climate and weather can also cause hives.
- Hives may also be due to hereditary.
- Hives may develop when contact with sweat or water.
All the symptoms mentioned above may sometime lead to rashes called hives rash. The rash appear on the skin due to hives have many appearance throughout the day. This small area of skin rash may appear like one large patch or sometime like a small cluster of tiny skin patches.
Home remedy for hives allergy uses a method of treating allergies which can be traditional and ancient, where certain herbs, vegetables, and spices can be used.
Some of the methods you can try at home are given below:
- Ice pack is one of the oldest home remedy for hives allergy method used to relieve the pain. When ice is used the cool temperature cools the blood vessels and shrinks it preventing the flow of histamines which is sole responsible for hives.
- Herbal teas are the most common ways thst are used in home remedy for hives allergy that helps to relax the mind and the nerves. You can try peppermint tea which calms your nerves and other skin related problems.
- Nettle tea is also one of the remedies where 2 tsp of nettle powder is used. Lemon and honey can be added to give a flavor to your tea.
- An oatmeal bath is another home remedy for hives allergy method for hive allergy home remedy. Take a cup of oatmeal under the tap and use a tub filled to three to four inches of warm water. Submerge the infected area for 15 minutes. Oatmeal is known to dry hives.
- Cornstarch Bath is a type of bath which is prepared by using half filled water in your bathtub. To it add 1/2 cup of cornstarch and another 1/2 cup of baking powder. Dip yourself in the bathtub and stay there as long as you are comfortable. This helps you oozing from allergy.
- Using aloe Vera gel can also be helpful in treating hives. You can apply this or vitamin E oil to the infected area twice a day. It is an old home remedy for hives allergy method.
- As we have seen hives can spread through sweats so it’s better to use light weight clothes made of natural fiber.
- Calamine lotion can be used to relief the itchiness.
- Milk of magnesia also relieves the itchy feeling to a great deal. Milk of magnesia is an alkaline solution that soothes the pain. This is a simple home remedy for hives allergy.
- Cayenne pepper capsules can be consumed to heal the allergy. Vitamin C, zinc and vitamin E are some other alternates for quick hives relief.
Hives in Children
Hives mostly occurs on arms, back, legs and torso of children. Hives are generally harmless and one should not panic because of it. In fact these are some simple home remedy for hives allergy that can be tried out. These remedies are less harmful and have no side effects. Brew and bark of rosemary leaves or red alter can also be used. This can be served as tea for your child to sip.
These remedies can help you to a great extent to treat hive allergies but it’s advisable to consult a medical practitioner if the allergy persists.